Anyway the wind blows...

Un compendio sul Nulla, dal Nulla per molti. A compendium about Nothing, from Nothing, for many.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The quiet Nothing at 11

The weather at Heathrow always comes to a standstill at 11am. Clouds may turn, twist, toss and turn or even disappear for a while. No matter what: the weather gets gloomy and uneventful for quite some time.

The first time I noticed that was during my early days here. My office was just in front of the airport and I knew exactly when my favourite planes were departing or just about to do it.
I knew when the Finnair flight to Helsinki was leaving, so a few minutes before the scheduled departure time, I’d raise my head looking through the leaves of a prosperous tree and – there it was the white and blue bird heading to Suomi.

That’s how I realized that the sky at 11 is always quiet, asleep.
The wind ceases its rotation around my own idea of globe and memories gather somewhere near me.

Today is no special day. So I thought I’d write down this quick note before another summer comes to take away the quiet Nothing at 11 and a temporary delight spoils the view of my thoughts somewhere in the sky.
------------------------------------------------------------------

On a lighter note, here’s the picture my ex-drummer (an easily ignitable Brummie) sent me yesterday. His brother is mates with the lead singer of the (brilliant) band Bolt Thrower and he sent him this picture from their recent tour around Europe. Speechless.
Long live to Heavy Metal !

7 Comments:

Blogger MUSICA PER DROGATI said...

ci conosciamo?
non ho capito il perchè del tuo commento sul mio blog...era un po' oscuro...

l'ultimo dei mogwai è molto bello, comunque...e anche Munich, anche se con qualche pecca...Isa non so cosa sia...

ciao

Thursday, March 16, 2006 12:52:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Niente...mi si sono impicciate le tastiere. Era il commento ad un altro blog. Cancella pure. Comunque Isa e' il disco degli Enslaved.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 1:44:00 pm  
Blogger nounou :) said...

Alex.. i sometimes forget the poet that you have inside you.. but i'm glad that he's still there.. somewhere.. and finally a blog i can understand.. until i learn Italian, at least :)

Maybe i'll see you soon.. i hope so and congrats again on everything you've already achieved this year! :)

Thursday, March 16, 2006 6:59:00 pm  
Blogger romilar said...

ah! è questo che pensi di Isa? l'hai riposto nel cestino??
NOn ti fare più vedere a " casa mia"

:)))))

Thursday, March 16, 2006 8:58:00 pm  
Blogger Alex said...

Nounou: Me a poet ? Watch your language dude ! You make me laugh sometimes you crazy LA girl..

Romilar: Giuro che l'ho ascoltato un paio di volte e l'ho buttato. Veramente un dischetto senza infamia e senza lode. Scegli un altro capolavoro..ti do un'altra possibilita'. So che puoi fare di piu'.

Friday, March 17, 2006 10:15:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pic!!Bellissima la foto, la faro' circolare perche' e' veramente una figata..ahahha
Bella poeta
Su

Friday, March 17, 2006 10:57:00 am  
Blogger Alex said...

A Su ! Grazie...falla pure girare. E' puro heavy metal ! E comunque..dovresti far girare pure un'altra foto...quella che t'ha mandato er Tuz... ahahahah. Bella Su !

Friday, March 17, 2006 10:58:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home